Spring has SPRUNG! There’s finally springy weather around here and I am thrilled to put away my puffy coat for good. I’m also happy to open up the windows in my apartment, let in some fresh air, and get to spring cleaning!
At the same time, however, I’m busy training for a half marathon and working on getting bikini ready, obviously. So I was glad when a rep for Shana Schneider, fitness expert and founder of FITWEEK, a fitness company dedicated to helping women “turn their week into a FITWEEK,” asked that I share her “Spring Cleaning Workout.” Talk about killing two birds with one stone, am I right?
According to FITWEEK, you can follow this plan to burn nearly 1,000 calories* and get a full body workout targeting your arms, legs and abs. The more elbow grease you use, the more calories you’ll burn! Here it is -
Spring Cleaning Workout
- Vacuum the carpet (<– I swear this was the only “cardio” my mom did for years and it totally works!)
- Change the sheets on the bed.
- Dust the window sills, the floor boards, and ceiling corners.
- Scrub the floors on your hands and knees.
- Put away your winter clothes.
- Wash your car.
- Weed your yard. (No yard? Find a friend who does! Or your parents’ yard?)
Can’t imagine doing this all in one day? Then tackle one activity each day for a week. My personal tip? Make sure you have some good mood-inspiring tunes on while all of this is happening.
As a bonus for dog owners, your pup could probably use a bath! Burn an additional 170 calories.
For more tips on how to turn every week into a FITWEEK, visit fitweek.com.
IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you count activities like cleaning and shopping as cardio? (I sure do!)